Tuesday 31 January 2012

Please support my chosen charities

When I set out to try and complete the Marathon des Sables I'd never intended to seek to raise money for charity by asking for sponsorship. But as my wife pointed out, this seems a waste of an opportunity when undertaking the biggest physical challenge I've ever taken on.

The charities I traditionally support are already well-supported, well-known and well-funded.

This time I've decided to support two particular charities that aren't well known and so struggle to raise funds for the invaluable work that they do.

These charities, Unique (whose mission statement is to inform, support and alleviate the isolation of anyone affected by a rare chromosome disorder, and to raise public awareness) and The Dame Vera Lynn Trust for Children with Cerebral Palsy (whose School for Parents works with families to educate children under 5 with motor learning difficulties) receive no Government support.

For these two charities it genuinely is a case of every penny counts.

Please sponsor me here!

I have funded the entire costs associated with undertaking the Marathon des Sables myself so the money you pledge will directly benefit these two charities. For which, thank you in anticipation!